The Dayak Tribe is one of the most well known tribes in Indonesia due to their unique characteristic and history.
Meratus Mountain lies from Southern to Northern of South Borneo. The range inhabited by Meratus Dayak ethnic. They settle on remote places along Meratus range. The highest part is on Mount Besar. The area is covered by tropical rain forest, river, mossy stone, and tremendous waterfall.
They were wildly known as the (ex) headhunters of Indonesia and their culture and religion has live since hundreds of years ago. There are different groups of Dayak Tribe and in this trip you will get to not just meet with the Meratus Dayak people but to also live in their houses.
The Meratus Dayak tribe lives in simple long staged houses with their family. Living amongst them you will learn their daily rituals, believes and their culture. Nomadic farming, animals hunting, and ritual ceremony are part of their life.
By trekking here, you will breath the fresh of tropical forest air and hear the whisper sound of the mighty nature. An unforgettable and unique memory is definitely in the agenda.
WHAT TO BRING
Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, sunscreen, and jacket.
- All transports as mentioned in the program
- Boat + Captain + English speaking guide
- Meals (B=breakfast,L=lunch,D=dinner) as mentioned in Itinerary
- Simple accomodations in Loksado village
- 1 night Hotel "Summer bed and breakfast " in Banjarmasin
- Paper/ police permits (entrance) + Insurance
- Minimum 2 pax
- Price exclude flights in and out of Banjarmasin
- Please make sure you are in a fit physical condition for this trip