Mount Papandayan is a complex stratovolcano, located in Garut Regency, to the southeast of the city of Bandung in West Java, Indonesia. It is about 15 km to the southwest of the town of Garut.
At the summit, there are four large craters which contain active fumarole fields. An eruption in 1772 caused the northeast flank to collapse producing a catastrophic debris avalanche that destroyed 40 villages and killed nearly 3,000 people.
The eruption truncated the volcano into a broad shape with two peaks and a flat area 1.1 km wide with Alun-Alun crater in the middle, making the mountain appear as a twin volcano; one of the peaks is called Papandayan and the other Mount Puntang.
Explore Papandayan beautiful crater and its infamous dead forest. If you’re lucky enough, you’ll see the eternal flower, edelweiss. But remember not to take anything but pictures and leave anything but memories.
WHAT TO WEAR / BRING
- Comfortable backpack with rain cover
- A change of clothes
- Warm clothes, jacket, hand gloves, hat, mask / scarf
- Hiking shoes
- Personal Toiletries and Medicine
- Water bottle
- Optional : Trekking poles, sun glasses, sunscreen
- Transport Round trip Jakarta - Garut
- Sleeping bag
- Meals 4X
- Led Headlamp
- SOL Emergency Bivvy (Emergency Survival Blanket)
- Emergency Survival Kits
- First Aid Kits
- Entry and Camping permit plus Insurance
- Cooking Set
- Local Guide and or Porter (For tent)
- Homestay Transit
- Mineral Water (During transport)
Trip does not include:
- Personal expenses (beverages, souvenirs, meals outside itinerary)
- Tip for guide and porters
- Flight ticket
- Items that are not mentioned in “included”
- Price will depends on number of pax (cheaper as the quantity increases)
- The time of activity base on your agreement with Experience provider in your own preferable time.
- Meeting point : Jakarta
- Please do check on Cancellation Policy for more information about our terms and condition